May 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
From Joe Capozzi, the Marlins beat writer at the Palm Beach Post:
On #Marlins clubhouse wall, headline from Saturday’s Delaware County Daily Times — “Phils beat up on sadsack Marlins”
— Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) May 5, 2013
That was the headline after the Marlins’ 4-1 loss to the Phillies on Friday night. The Fish rode young starter Jose Fernandez to a 2-0 win on Saturday and will try to split this four-game set with Philadelphia on Sunday.
The sadsack Marlins — that’s admittedly kind of catchy — are currently 9-22 with a -51 run differential.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (153)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)