May 5, 2013, 1:42 PM EDT
From Joe Capozzi, the Marlins beat writer at the Palm Beach Post:
On #Marlins clubhouse wall, headline from Saturday’s Delaware County Daily Times — “Phils beat up on sadsack Marlins”
— Joe Capozzi (@joecapMARLINS) May 5, 2013
That was the headline after the Marlins’ 4-1 loss to the Phillies on Friday night. The Fish rode young starter Jose Fernandez to a 2-0 win on Saturday and will try to split this four-game set with Philadelphia on Sunday.
The sadsack Marlins — that’s admittedly kind of catchy — are currently 9-22 with a -51 run differential.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 30
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 62
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 16
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)