May 5, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
He will spend two or three days down on the farm before being activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Bourn has been out since suffering a deep gash on his right index finger when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand at first base on April 14. Linked right here is the video of that play.
Bourn was batting .333/.375/.600 with two home runs, four doubles and one stolen base through 48 plate appearances with his new team. He signed a four-year, $48 million deal with the Tribe this winter.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)