May 5, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
He will spend two or three days down on the farm before being activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Bourn has been out since suffering a deep gash on his right index finger when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand at first base on April 14. Linked right here is the video of that play.
Bourn was batting .333/.375/.600 with two home runs, four doubles and one stolen base through 48 plate appearances with his new team. He signed a four-year, $48 million deal with the Tribe this winter.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)