May 5, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
He will spend two or three days down on the farm before being activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Bourn has been out since suffering a deep gash on his right index finger when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand at first base on April 14. Linked right here is the video of that play.
Bourn was batting .333/.375/.600 with two home runs, four doubles and one stolen base through 48 plate appearances with his new team. He signed a four-year, $48 million deal with the Tribe this winter.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)