May 5, 2013, 2:30 PM EST
He will spend two or three days down on the farm before being activated from the 15-day disabled list.
Bourn has been out since suffering a deep gash on his right index finger when White Sox reliever Matt Thornton stepped on his hand at first base on April 14. Linked right here is the video of that play.
Bourn was batting .333/.375/.600 with two home runs, four doubles and one stolen base through 48 plate appearances with his new team. He signed a four-year, $48 million deal with the Tribe this winter.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)