May 6, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
On the disabled list with an oblique injury, White Sox left fielder Dayan Viciedo will begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Triple-A.
Viciedo is already eligible to come off the DL, but manager Robin Ventura told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Viciedo is expected to spend 4-5 days on the rehab stint.
Viciedo was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting .229 with a .646 OPS in 13 games, and in his absence the White Sox have primarily shifted Alejando De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (111)