May 6, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
On the disabled list with an oblique injury, White Sox left fielder Dayan Viciedo will begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Triple-A.
Viciedo is already eligible to come off the DL, but manager Robin Ventura told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Viciedo is expected to spend 4-5 days on the rehab stint.
Viciedo was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting .229 with a .646 OPS in 13 games, and in his absence the White Sox have primarily shifted Alejando De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 14
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 80
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 20
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)