May 6, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
On the disabled list with an oblique injury, White Sox left fielder Dayan Viciedo will begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Triple-A.
Viciedo is already eligible to come off the DL, but manager Robin Ventura told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Viciedo is expected to spend 4-5 days on the rehab stint.
Viciedo was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting .229 with a .646 OPS in 13 games, and in his absence the White Sox have primarily shifted Alejando De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)