May 6, 2013, 4:48 PM EST
On the disabled list with an oblique injury, White Sox left fielder Dayan Viciedo will begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Triple-A.
Viciedo is already eligible to come off the DL, but manager Robin Ventura told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Viciedo is expected to spend 4-5 days on the rehab stint.
Viciedo was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting .229 with a .646 OPS in 13 games, and in his absence the White Sox have primarily shifted Alejando De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 22
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 34
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 35
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 32
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)