May 6, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT
On the disabled list with an oblique injury, White Sox left fielder Dayan Viciedo will begin a minor-league rehab assignment today at Triple-A.
Viciedo is already eligible to come off the DL, but manager Robin Ventura told Dan Hayes of CSNChicago.com that Viciedo is expected to spend 4-5 days on the rehab stint.
Viciedo was off to a slow start before the injury, hitting .229 with a .646 OPS in 13 games, and in his absence the White Sox have primarily shifted Alejando De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 1
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 87
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (88)