May 6, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
The Dodgers will activate starter Chris Capuano from the disabled list before tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks, as Capuano opposes Trevor Cahill. In a related move, the Dodgers will place Mark Ellis on the disabled list retroactive to April 27 with a strained right quad, reports Dylan Hernandez.
Capuano went on the DL with a strained calf after an ugly April 16 start against the Padres in which he surrendered 5 runs in two innings. It was his first start of the season. Prior to that, he had two scoreless appearances of one and 1.2 innings out of the bullpen.
Ellis has not played since April 26. He is hitting .342 in 80 plate appearances.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 73
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 50
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)