May 6, 2013, 8:55 PM EDT
The Dodgers will activate starter Chris Capuano from the disabled list before tonight’s game against the Diamondbacks, as Capuano opposes Trevor Cahill. In a related move, the Dodgers will place Mark Ellis on the disabled list retroactive to April 27 with a strained right quad, reports Dylan Hernandez.
Capuano went on the DL with a strained calf after an ugly April 16 start against the Padres in which he surrendered 5 runs in two innings. It was his first start of the season. Prior to that, he had two scoreless appearances of one and 1.2 innings out of the bullpen.
Ellis has not played since April 26. He is hitting .342 in 80 plate appearances.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 45
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)