May 6, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After various setbacks in his recovery from December elbow surgery Frank Francisco resumed a minor-league rehab assignment yesterday by throwing a scoreless inning at high Single-A.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Francisco was clocked at 93-94 miles per hour while striking out two of the three batters he faced.
Bobby Parnell has fared well stepping in for Francisco as the Mets’ closer, throwing 13 innings with a 1.38 ERA and an 11/2 K/BB ratio, so whenever Francisco is ready to return it’ll be as a setup man.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)