May 6, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
We’re smack dab in the middle of the first ten days-to-two week period of beautiful weather in Ohio. It’s low 70s, low humidity, sunshine and nice breezes. Everything is in bloom and the land is green and lush. This will be mirrored by the ten days-to-two week period in the fall in which the air will be nice and crisp but still warmed by the sun, the leaves changing, the nights cool enough to sleep with open windows, the days warm enough to go on nice autumn strolls.
The other 48 or so weeks of weather in Ohio is just crappy, frankly.
So you’ll understand why I didn’t stay inside and watch much baseball this weekend. I’ll understand if you didn’t either. If that was the case, here’s the important stuff you missed:
- Cliff Lee lashed out at Dirk Hayhurst
- Roy Halladay lashed out at Mitch Williams
- Marlins batters have Roy Halladay a good lashing
- Terry Collins was given a vote of confidence. No word if it was dreaded.
- Tim Hudson made a funny.
- Hanley, we hardly knew ye.
- This is so crazy it just might work! Wait, no, it’s not gonna work.
- King Felix: still awesome.
- This is one spiffy home run-robbing catch.
- Bloody ball.
- Metallica isn’t relevant anymore, but that’s OK.
- Chris Carpenter could come back as a reliever? Believe it when I see it.
- The Braves are gonna be a death or glory kind of team all year, it seems.
- Rose goes in the front, big guy. Glove goes on the other hand.
- Ump Show #1
- Ump Show #2
- Nice recovery, Hank Conger.
- Scott Kazmir: back in the win column for the first time since 2010.
- Zack Greinke is ahead of schedule. He’s gonna get that Coors back to Atlanta in time to win his bet with Big Enos!
- Miguel Cabrera is having a pretty great season again.
- So is David Ortiz
- So is Yu Darvish
- Hey, if it motivates the Marlins, good for them.
- Trade Mike Scioscia? Guess it beats firing him.
- Tyler Moore smacked a fan with a home run.
Hopefully we get one more nice weekend before the humidity comes.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 23
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 4
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)