May 6, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
We’re smack dab in the middle of the first ten days-to-two week period of beautiful weather in Ohio. It’s low 70s, low humidity, sunshine and nice breezes. Everything is in bloom and the land is green and lush. This will be mirrored by the ten days-to-two week period in the fall in which the air will be nice and crisp but still warmed by the sun, the leaves changing, the nights cool enough to sleep with open windows, the days warm enough to go on nice autumn strolls.
The other 48 or so weeks of weather in Ohio is just crappy, frankly.
So you’ll understand why I didn’t stay inside and watch much baseball this weekend. I’ll understand if you didn’t either. If that was the case, here’s the important stuff you missed:
- Cliff Lee lashed out at Dirk Hayhurst
- Roy Halladay lashed out at Mitch Williams
- Marlins batters have Roy Halladay a good lashing
- Terry Collins was given a vote of confidence. No word if it was dreaded.
- Tim Hudson made a funny.
- Hanley, we hardly knew ye.
- This is so crazy it just might work! Wait, no, it’s not gonna work.
- King Felix: still awesome.
- This is one spiffy home run-robbing catch.
- Bloody ball.
- Metallica isn’t relevant anymore, but that’s OK.
- Chris Carpenter could come back as a reliever? Believe it when I see it.
- The Braves are gonna be a death or glory kind of team all year, it seems.
- Rose goes in the front, big guy. Glove goes on the other hand.
- Ump Show #1
- Ump Show #2
- Nice recovery, Hank Conger.
- Scott Kazmir: back in the win column for the first time since 2010.
- Zack Greinke is ahead of schedule. He’s gonna get that Coors back to Atlanta in time to win his bet with Big Enos!
- Miguel Cabrera is having a pretty great season again.
- So is David Ortiz
- So is Yu Darvish
- Hey, if it motivates the Marlins, good for them.
- Trade Mike Scioscia? Guess it beats firing him.
- Tyler Moore smacked a fan with a home run.
Hopefully we get one more nice weekend before the humidity comes.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 46
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)