May 6, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
We’re smack dab in the middle of the first ten days-to-two week period of beautiful weather in Ohio. It’s low 70s, low humidity, sunshine and nice breezes. Everything is in bloom and the land is green and lush. This will be mirrored by the ten days-to-two week period in the fall in which the air will be nice and crisp but still warmed by the sun, the leaves changing, the nights cool enough to sleep with open windows, the days warm enough to go on nice autumn strolls.
The other 48 or so weeks of weather in Ohio is just crappy, frankly.
So you’ll understand why I didn’t stay inside and watch much baseball this weekend. I’ll understand if you didn’t either. If that was the case, here’s the important stuff you missed:
- Cliff Lee lashed out at Dirk Hayhurst
- Roy Halladay lashed out at Mitch Williams
- Marlins batters have Roy Halladay a good lashing
- Terry Collins was given a vote of confidence. No word if it was dreaded.
- Tim Hudson made a funny.
- Hanley, we hardly knew ye.
- This is so crazy it just might work! Wait, no, it’s not gonna work.
- King Felix: still awesome.
- This is one spiffy home run-robbing catch.
- Bloody ball.
- Metallica isn’t relevant anymore, but that’s OK.
- Chris Carpenter could come back as a reliever? Believe it when I see it.
- The Braves are gonna be a death or glory kind of team all year, it seems.
- Rose goes in the front, big guy. Glove goes on the other hand.
- Ump Show #1
- Ump Show #2
- Nice recovery, Hank Conger.
- Scott Kazmir: back in the win column for the first time since 2010.
- Zack Greinke is ahead of schedule. He’s gonna get that Coors back to Atlanta in time to win his bet with Big Enos!
- Miguel Cabrera is having a pretty great season again.
- So is David Ortiz
- So is Yu Darvish
- Hey, if it motivates the Marlins, good for them.
- Trade Mike Scioscia? Guess it beats firing him.
- Tyler Moore smacked a fan with a home run.
Hopefully we get one more nice weekend before the humidity comes.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)