May 6, 2013, 8:23 AM EDT
We’re smack dab in the middle of the first ten days-to-two week period of beautiful weather in Ohio. It’s low 70s, low humidity, sunshine and nice breezes. Everything is in bloom and the land is green and lush. This will be mirrored by the ten days-to-two week period in the fall in which the air will be nice and crisp but still warmed by the sun, the leaves changing, the nights cool enough to sleep with open windows, the days warm enough to go on nice autumn strolls.
The other 48 or so weeks of weather in Ohio is just crappy, frankly.
So you’ll understand why I didn’t stay inside and watch much baseball this weekend. I’ll understand if you didn’t either. If that was the case, here’s the important stuff you missed:
- Cliff Lee lashed out at Dirk Hayhurst
- Roy Halladay lashed out at Mitch Williams
- Marlins batters have Roy Halladay a good lashing
- Terry Collins was given a vote of confidence. No word if it was dreaded.
- Tim Hudson made a funny.
- Hanley, we hardly knew ye.
- This is so crazy it just might work! Wait, no, it’s not gonna work.
- King Felix: still awesome.
- This is one spiffy home run-robbing catch.
- Bloody ball.
- Metallica isn’t relevant anymore, but that’s OK.
- Chris Carpenter could come back as a reliever? Believe it when I see it.
- The Braves are gonna be a death or glory kind of team all year, it seems.
- Rose goes in the front, big guy. Glove goes on the other hand.
- Ump Show #1
- Ump Show #2
- Nice recovery, Hank Conger.
- Scott Kazmir: back in the win column for the first time since 2010.
- Zack Greinke is ahead of schedule. He’s gonna get that Coors back to Atlanta in time to win his bet with Big Enos!
- Miguel Cabrera is having a pretty great season again.
- So is David Ortiz
- So is Yu Darvish
- Hey, if it motivates the Marlins, good for them.
- Trade Mike Scioscia? Guess it beats firing him.
- Tyler Moore smacked a fan with a home run.
Hopefully we get one more nice weekend before the humidity comes.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 17
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)