May 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was scratched from starts Thursday and today because of back spasms, but he’ll avoid the disabled list and start Wednesday against the Mets.
Peavy threw a bullpen session this morning to test his back and Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that he’s “good to go.” Peavy told Van Schouwen that he feels good enough that starting today would have been possible, but he’s being careful and waiting another 48 hours.
Peavy was off to a strong start before the injury, going 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 39/6 K/BB ratio in 32 innings.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17