May 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was scratched from starts Thursday and today because of back spasms, but he’ll avoid the disabled list and start Wednesday against the Mets.
Peavy threw a bullpen session this morning to test his back and Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that he’s “good to go.” Peavy told Van Schouwen that he feels good enough that starting today would have been possible, but he’s being careful and waiting another 48 hours.
Peavy was off to a strong start before the injury, going 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 39/6 K/BB ratio in 32 innings.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)