May 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was scratched from starts Thursday and today because of back spasms, but he’ll avoid the disabled list and start Wednesday against the Mets.
Peavy threw a bullpen session this morning to test his back and Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that he’s “good to go.” Peavy told Van Schouwen that he feels good enough that starting today would have been possible, but he’s being careful and waiting another 48 hours.
Peavy was off to a strong start before the injury, going 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 39/6 K/BB ratio in 32 innings.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)