May 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Jake Peavy was scratched from starts Thursday and today because of back spasms, but he’ll avoid the disabled list and start Wednesday against the Mets.
Peavy threw a bullpen session this morning to test his back and Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that he’s “good to go.” Peavy told Van Schouwen that he feels good enough that starting today would have been possible, but he’s being careful and waiting another 48 hours.
Peavy was off to a strong start before the injury, going 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 39/6 K/BB ratio in 32 innings.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 42
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)