May 6, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Jake Peavy was scratched from starts Thursday and today because of back spasms, but he’ll avoid the disabled list and start Wednesday against the Mets.
Peavy threw a bullpen session this morning to test his back and Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports that he’s “good to go.” Peavy told Van Schouwen that he feels good enough that starting today would have been possible, but he’s being careful and waiting another 48 hours.
Peavy was off to a strong start before the injury, going 3-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 39/6 K/BB ratio in 32 innings.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (98)