May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
The Red Sox have already lost one closer to the disabled list. They lost another tonight as Joel Hanrahan exited tonight’s game against the Twins after allowing a game-tying solo home run to Brian Dozier that reset the game at five apiece. Hanrahan got to 1-1 against his final batter, Josh Willingham, before throwing three straight balls. He was taken out and replaced by Clayton Mortensen.
Hanrahan entered the night with a 9.45 ERA in 6.2 innings. The home run to Dozier was the fourth he has allowed on the season. Comparatively, he allowed eight in 59.2 innings last year.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 12
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (99)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)