May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EDT
The Red Sox have already lost one closer to the disabled list. They lost another tonight as Joel Hanrahan exited tonight’s game against the Twins after allowing a game-tying solo home run to Brian Dozier that reset the game at five apiece. Hanrahan got to 1-1 against his final batter, Josh Willingham, before throwing three straight balls. He was taken out and replaced by Clayton Mortensen.
Hanrahan entered the night with a 9.45 ERA in 6.2 innings. The home run to Dozier was the fourth he has allowed on the season. Comparatively, he allowed eight in 59.2 innings last year.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (127)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (100)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (98)