May 6, 2013, 11:25 PM EST
The Red Sox have already lost one closer to the disabled list. They lost another tonight as Joel Hanrahan exited tonight’s game against the Twins after allowing a game-tying solo home run to Brian Dozier that reset the game at five apiece. Hanrahan got to 1-1 against his final batter, Josh Willingham, before throwing three straight balls. He was taken out and replaced by Clayton Mortensen.
Hanrahan entered the night with a 9.45 ERA in 6.2 innings. The home run to Dozier was the fourth he has allowed on the season. Comparatively, he allowed eight in 59.2 innings last year.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 14
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4