May 6, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Reds starter Johnny Cueto threw a 25-pitch bullpen session today with no ill effect. The right-hander is recovering from a right lat strain and has been sidelined since mid-April. Cueto hit a bump in the road when he felt soreness before a rehab start with Double-A Pensacola a few days ago.
C. Trent Rosecrans reports that Cueto could begin a rehab stint after another bullpen session.
“He looked very good and he said he felt very good,” Lessard said. “He’ll see (Reds medical director Timothy) Kremchek and we’ll see where we go from here.”
“I don’t want to rush, favor one thing and hurt something else,” Lessard said. “He’ll probably have another bullpen before he goes out to rehab.”
Before landing on the DL, Cueto had a 2.60 ERA with 18 strikeouts in 17.1 innings spread over three starts.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)