May 6, 2013, 6:05 PM EST
Reds starter Johnny Cueto threw a 25-pitch bullpen session today with no ill effect. The right-hander is recovering from a right lat strain and has been sidelined since mid-April. Cueto hit a bump in the road when he felt soreness before a rehab start with Double-A Pensacola a few days ago.
C. Trent Rosecrans reports that Cueto could begin a rehab stint after another bullpen session.
“He looked very good and he said he felt very good,” Lessard said. “He’ll see (Reds medical director Timothy) Kremchek and we’ll see where we go from here.”
“I don’t want to rush, favor one thing and hurt something else,” Lessard said. “He’ll probably have another bullpen before he goes out to rehab.”
Before landing on the DL, Cueto had a 2.60 ERA with 18 strikeouts in 17.1 innings spread over three starts.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)