May 6, 2013, 6:05 PM EDT
Reds starter Johnny Cueto threw a 25-pitch bullpen session today with no ill effect. The right-hander is recovering from a right lat strain and has been sidelined since mid-April. Cueto hit a bump in the road when he felt soreness before a rehab start with Double-A Pensacola a few days ago.
C. Trent Rosecrans reports that Cueto could begin a rehab stint after another bullpen session.
“He looked very good and he said he felt very good,” Lessard said. “He’ll see (Reds medical director Timothy) Kremchek and we’ll see where we go from here.”
“I don’t want to rush, favor one thing and hurt something else,” Lessard said. “He’ll probably have another bullpen before he goes out to rehab.”
Before landing on the DL, Cueto had a 2.60 ERA with 18 strikeouts in 17.1 innings spread over three starts.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 30
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 46
- Rangers “close to getting” Phillies ace Cole Hamels 55
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 65
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)