May 6, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Halladay got knocked around for nine runs by the usually punchless Marlins yesterday, inflating his ERA to 8.65, and admitted afterward that he’s been feeling shoulder pain since April 24. In the past Halladay has always downplayed injuries and he apparently didn’t let the Phillies know this time around either, but at this point there’s no getting around the fact that something significant is not right and hasn’t been for a while.
He’s scheduled to be examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum later this week.
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 3
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 20
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 36
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)