May 6, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Halladay got knocked around for nine runs by the usually punchless Marlins yesterday, inflating his ERA to 8.65, and admitted afterward that he’s been feeling shoulder pain since April 24. In the past Halladay has always downplayed injuries and he apparently didn’t let the Phillies know this time around either, but at this point there’s no getting around the fact that something significant is not right and hasn’t been for a while.
He’s scheduled to be examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum later this week.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 34
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 38
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 15
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 77
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (221)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)