May 6, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
Halladay got knocked around for nine runs by the usually punchless Marlins yesterday, inflating his ERA to 8.65, and admitted afterward that he’s been feeling shoulder pain since April 24. In the past Halladay has always downplayed injuries and he apparently didn’t let the Phillies know this time around either, but at this point there’s no getting around the fact that something significant is not right and hasn’t been for a while.
He’s scheduled to be examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum later this week.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)