May 6, 2013, 3:01 PM EST
Halladay got knocked around for nine runs by the usually punchless Marlins yesterday, inflating his ERA to 8.65, and admitted afterward that he’s been feeling shoulder pain since April 24. In the past Halladay has always downplayed injuries and he apparently didn’t let the Phillies know this time around either, but at this point there’s no getting around the fact that something significant is not right and hasn’t been for a while.
He’s scheduled to be examined by Dr. Lewis Yocum later this week.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)