May 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
First I saw this, from the Texas-based Richard Justice:
Memo to Josh Hamilton: Rangers lead the AL in average attendance at 38,822.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) May 5, 2013
Then the Dallas Morning News page picked it up as if it were relevant. Adding near the end, by the way, that the Angels are drawing only 674 fewer fans a game with a far crappier team. Then they did a “look how badly Josh Hamilton is sucking” post. That goes along with this, this and this, all recent.
I know a lot of local papers keep tabs on past stars — if a guy played one inning of a 20 year career in pinstripes New York papers will write “Former Yankee ____ dies” when he passes — but the DMN’s focus on Josh Hamilton shows no signs of letting up.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)