May 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
First I saw this, from the Texas-based Richard Justice:
Memo to Josh Hamilton: Rangers lead the AL in average attendance at 38,822.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) May 5, 2013
Then the Dallas Morning News page picked it up as if it were relevant. Adding near the end, by the way, that the Angels are drawing only 674 fewer fans a game with a far crappier team. Then they did a “look how badly Josh Hamilton is sucking” post. That goes along with this, this and this, all recent.
I know a lot of local papers keep tabs on past stars — if a guy played one inning of a 20 year career in pinstripes New York papers will write “Former Yankee ____ dies” when he passes — but the DMN’s focus on Josh Hamilton shows no signs of letting up.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)