May 6, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
First I saw this, from the Texas-based Richard Justice:
Memo to Josh Hamilton: Rangers lead the AL in average attendance at 38,822.
— Richard Justice (@richardjustice) May 5, 2013
Then the Dallas Morning News page picked it up as if it were relevant. Adding near the end, by the way, that the Angels are drawing only 674 fewer fans a game with a far crappier team. Then they did a “look how badly Josh Hamilton is sucking” post. That goes along with this, this and this, all recent.
I know a lot of local papers keep tabs on past stars — if a guy played one inning of a 20 year career in pinstripes New York papers will write “Former Yankee ____ dies” when he passes — but the DMN’s focus on Josh Hamilton shows no signs of letting up.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)