May 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
I was on WIP in Philly this morning and Angelo asked me if I had a choice of being given the Phillies GM job or the Mets GM job, which one would I take. It didn’t take me long to answer that: the Mets. Easy. And not just because being the Mets GM means you don’t have to live in Philly. But because the future looks brighter in New York than it does in Philly right now.
Part of that future: Zack Wheeler. Who after some rough outings to start the year at Las Vegas is starting to get moving:
The 22-year-old threw six scoreless innings Sunday against Sacramento to earn his second straight win … He has now surrendered one run on eight hits over his last two starts …
Pair him with Matt Harvey and you’ve got something nice to build on.
Wheeler should be pitching for the Mets sometime this summer.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 45
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 22
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 45
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 33
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (157)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)