May 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
I was on WIP in Philly this morning and Angelo asked me if I had a choice of being given the Phillies GM job or the Mets GM job, which one would I take. It didn’t take me long to answer that: the Mets. Easy. And not just because being the Mets GM means you don’t have to live in Philly. But because the future looks brighter in New York than it does in Philly right now.
Part of that future: Zack Wheeler. Who after some rough outings to start the year at Las Vegas is starting to get moving:
The 22-year-old threw six scoreless innings Sunday against Sacramento to earn his second straight win … He has now surrendered one run on eight hits over his last two starts …
Pair him with Matt Harvey and you’ve got something nice to build on.
Wheeler should be pitching for the Mets sometime this summer.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 221
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (220)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)