May 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
I was on WIP in Philly this morning and Angelo asked me if I had a choice of being given the Phillies GM job or the Mets GM job, which one would I take. It didn’t take me long to answer that: the Mets. Easy. And not just because being the Mets GM means you don’t have to live in Philly. But because the future looks brighter in New York than it does in Philly right now.
Part of that future: Zack Wheeler. Who after some rough outings to start the year at Las Vegas is starting to get moving:
The 22-year-old threw six scoreless innings Sunday against Sacramento to earn his second straight win … He has now surrendered one run on eight hits over his last two starts …
Pair him with Matt Harvey and you’ve got something nice to build on.
Wheeler should be pitching for the Mets sometime this summer.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)