May 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
I was on WIP in Philly this morning and Angelo asked me if I had a choice of being given the Phillies GM job or the Mets GM job, which one would I take. It didn’t take me long to answer that: the Mets. Easy. And not just because being the Mets GM means you don’t have to live in Philly. But because the future looks brighter in New York than it does in Philly right now.
Part of that future: Zack Wheeler. Who after some rough outings to start the year at Las Vegas is starting to get moving:
The 22-year-old threw six scoreless innings Sunday against Sacramento to earn his second straight win … He has now surrendered one run on eight hits over his last two starts …
Pair him with Matt Harvey and you’ve got something nice to build on.
Wheeler should be pitching for the Mets sometime this summer.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 16
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 179
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 103
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (197)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)