May 6, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
I was on WIP in Philly this morning and Angelo asked me if I had a choice of being given the Phillies GM job or the Mets GM job, which one would I take. It didn’t take me long to answer that: the Mets. Easy. And not just because being the Mets GM means you don’t have to live in Philly. But because the future looks brighter in New York than it does in Philly right now.
Part of that future: Zack Wheeler. Who after some rough outings to start the year at Las Vegas is starting to get moving:
The 22-year-old threw six scoreless innings Sunday against Sacramento to earn his second straight win … He has now surrendered one run on eight hits over his last two starts …
Pair him with Matt Harvey and you’ve got something nice to build on.
Wheeler should be pitching for the Mets sometime this summer.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)