May 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Alex Pavolvic of the San Jose Mercury News, center fielder Angel Pagan is back in the Giants’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Phillies after sitting out the past couple of games with a mild hamstring strain.
Pagan is batting .275/.328/.367 with four stolen bases and 24 runs scored in 30 games this season.
The 31-year-old scored a four-year, $40 million free agent contract from the San Francisco front office this past winter after hitting .288/.338/.440 with 29 stolen bases and 95 runs scored in 154 games last season.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8