May 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Alex Pavolvic of the San Jose Mercury News, center fielder Angel Pagan is back in the Giants’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Phillies after sitting out the past couple of games with a mild hamstring strain.
Pagan is batting .275/.328/.367 with four stolen bases and 24 runs scored in 30 games this season.
The 31-year-old scored a four-year, $40 million free agent contract from the San Francisco front office this past winter after hitting .288/.338/.440 with 29 stolen bases and 95 runs scored in 154 games last season.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69