May 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Alex Pavolvic of the San Jose Mercury News, center fielder Angel Pagan is back in the Giants’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Phillies after sitting out the past couple of games with a mild hamstring strain.
Pagan is batting .275/.328/.367 with four stolen bases and 24 runs scored in 30 games this season.
The 31-year-old scored a four-year, $40 million free agent contract from the San Francisco front office this past winter after hitting .288/.338/.440 with 29 stolen bases and 95 runs scored in 154 games last season.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)