May 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Alex Pavolvic of the San Jose Mercury News, center fielder Angel Pagan is back in the Giants’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Phillies after sitting out the past couple of games with a mild hamstring strain.
Pagan is batting .275/.328/.367 with four stolen bases and 24 runs scored in 30 games this season.
The 31-year-old scored a four-year, $40 million free agent contract from the San Francisco front office this past winter after hitting .288/.338/.440 with 29 stolen bases and 95 runs scored in 154 games last season.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)