May 7, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
As first reported by beat writer Alex Pavolvic of the San Jose Mercury News, center fielder Angel Pagan is back in the Giants’ starting lineup on Tuesday night against the Phillies after sitting out the past couple of games with a mild hamstring strain.
Pagan is batting .275/.328/.367 with four stolen bases and 24 runs scored in 30 games this season.
The 31-year-old scored a four-year, $40 million free agent contract from the San Francisco front office this past winter after hitting .288/.338/.440 with 29 stolen bases and 95 runs scored in 154 games last season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with apparent elbow injury 0
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 11
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)