May 7, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers have placed Jerry Hairston Jr. on the 15-day disabled list with a strained groin muscle and called up utilityman Elian Herrera from Triple-A Albuquerque to fill the vacant 25-man roster spot.
Hairston, who suffered the injury while running the bases Saturday, is expected to miss three weeks. He’s batting .255/.304/.353 with a homer and two doubles over 58 plate appearances this season.
The Dodgers entered play Tuesday evening with a 13-18 record and -34 run differential, which currently has them sitting in last place in the National League West standings.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)