May 7, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers have placed Jerry Hairston Jr. on the 15-day disabled list with a strained groin muscle and called up utilityman Elian Herrera from Triple-A Albuquerque to fill the vacant 25-man roster spot.
Hairston, who suffered the injury while running the bases Saturday, is expected to miss three weeks. He’s batting .255/.304/.353 with a homer and two doubles over 58 plate appearances this season.
The Dodgers entered play Tuesday evening with a 13-18 record and -34 run differential, which currently has them sitting in last place in the National League West standings.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)