May 7, 2013, 7:59 PM EDT
Bill Shaikin of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Dodgers have placed Jerry Hairston Jr. on the 15-day disabled list with a strained groin muscle and called up utilityman Elian Herrera from Triple-A Albuquerque to fill the vacant 25-man roster spot.
Hairston, who suffered the injury while running the bases Saturday, is expected to miss three weeks. He’s batting .255/.304/.353 with a homer and two doubles over 58 plate appearances this season.
The Dodgers entered play Tuesday evening with a 13-18 record and -34 run differential, which currently has them sitting in last place in the National League West standings.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (89)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)