May 7, 2013, 10:33 AM EDT
It’s just a hate-y day, I guess. This from Mike Bailey at KMOV in St. Louis, explaining why Wrigley Field sucks:
There is something ghastly about watching the St. Louis Cardinals play the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field akin to watching the prom queen dance with Quasimodo in a fetid alley … If Busch is baseball heaven, then Wrigley Field is that other place, a sort of baseball hell … They have another tradition, that of singing “Take Me Out to the Ballgame” in the 7th inning, led off-key by some minor celebrity dragged in to aver his undying allegiance to a team whose moniker is “The Lovable Losers.”
And they are, in more ways than one.
Eh. Character goes a long way?
I dunno. I haven’t been to Busch Stadium so I can’t compare, but Wrigley is neither the gem a lot of people think it is nor the pit this guy says it is. It’s a pretty place to watch a game if you’re not hanging out with drunk post-collegiates in the bleachers. The bathrooms may be the worst thing on the planet, but there’s a lot more to do after a game nearby. It needs an upgrade, but so do most 99 year-olds.
But I guess the Cardinals rabble has been roused by this, so good job.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)