May 7, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
After playing short-handed while he was unavailable with an elbow injury since April 28 the Indians finally placed setup man Vinnie Pestano on the disabled list with what they’re calling tendinitis.
Pestano was off to a good start, throwing eight innings with a 2.25 ERA and 8/4 K/BB ratio to give him a 2.48 career ERA, but told Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that the elbow soreness “just kept lingering and lingering and lingering.”
Pestano underwent Tommy John surgery in 2006, back when he was in the minors, but Bastian reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage and with the DL stint backdated he’ll be eligible to return on May 16.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)