May 7, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After playing short-handed while he was unavailable with an elbow injury since April 28 the Indians finally placed setup man Vinnie Pestano on the disabled list with what they’re calling tendinitis.
Pestano was off to a good start, throwing eight innings with a 2.25 ERA and 8/4 K/BB ratio to give him a 2.48 career ERA, but told Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that the elbow soreness “just kept lingering and lingering and lingering.”
Pestano underwent Tommy John surgery in 2006, back when he was in the minors, but Bastian reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage and with the DL stint backdated he’ll be eligible to return on May 16.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8