May 7, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
After playing short-handed while he was unavailable with an elbow injury since April 28 the Indians finally placed setup man Vinnie Pestano on the disabled list with what they’re calling tendinitis.
Pestano was off to a good start, throwing eight innings with a 2.25 ERA and 8/4 K/BB ratio to give him a 2.48 career ERA, but told Jordan Bastian of MLB.com that the elbow soreness “just kept lingering and lingering and lingering.”
Pestano underwent Tommy John surgery in 2006, back when he was in the minors, but Bastian reports that an MRI exam revealed no structural damage and with the DL stint backdated he’ll be eligible to return on May 16.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)