May 7, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
“We’d look to close Tazawa, keep Koji in the 8th inning role. Fortunately we have some depth internally”
Koji being Koji Uehara, of course, who many probably assumed would be next in line for ninth inning duties. But nope.
For what it’s worth, Tazawa is striking out 11.3 batters per nine innings without walking too many dudes. There’s no reason to think he couldn’t handle it.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)