May 7, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Logan Morrison is scheduled to begin playing in extended spring training games today as he recovers from offseason knee surgery.
It’ll be Morrison’s first game action since last July and as manager Mike Redmond told Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald: “He’s been able to run the bases and do his stuff.”
There’s no timetable yet for Morrison’s return from the disabled list, but the initial expectation was that he’d be out until late May or early June. Assuming he avoids a setback and is cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or so, that timetable sounds about right.
He might even beat Giancarlo Stanton back from the DL.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)