May 7, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Logan Morrison is scheduled to begin playing in extended spring training games today as he recovers from offseason knee surgery.
It’ll be Morrison’s first game action since last July and as manager Mike Redmond told Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald: “He’s been able to run the bases and do his stuff.”
There’s no timetable yet for Morrison’s return from the disabled list, but the initial expectation was that he’d be out until late May or early June. Assuming he avoids a setback and is cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or so, that timetable sounds about right.
He might even beat Giancarlo Stanton back from the DL.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 26
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 149
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 15
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (150)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (73)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)