May 7, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Logan Morrison is scheduled to begin playing in extended spring training games today as he recovers from offseason knee surgery.
It’ll be Morrison’s first game action since last July and as manager Mike Redmond told Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald: “He’s been able to run the bases and do his stuff.”
There’s no timetable yet for Morrison’s return from the disabled list, but the initial expectation was that he’d be out until late May or early June. Assuming he avoids a setback and is cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or so, that timetable sounds about right.
He might even beat Giancarlo Stanton back from the DL.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)