May 7, 2013, 10:47 AM EDT
Logan Morrison is scheduled to begin playing in extended spring training games today as he recovers from offseason knee surgery.
It’ll be Morrison’s first game action since last July and as manager Mike Redmond told Manny Navarro of the Miami Herald: “He’s been able to run the bases and do his stuff.”
There’s no timetable yet for Morrison’s return from the disabled list, but the initial expectation was that he’d be out until late May or early June. Assuming he avoids a setback and is cleared to begin a minor-league rehab assignment within the next week or so, that timetable sounds about right.
He might even beat Giancarlo Stanton back from the DL.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)