May 7, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Helton was arrested after driving to a gas station near his house to buy lottery tickets, telling police officers that he’d consumed “two igloo cups of red wine” after striking a median. His blood-alcohol level was .102, which is above the legal limit.
Helton released a statement at the time, which included an apology, and the Denver Post reports that he also apologized in court by saying: “I am very regretful. I have taken measures to ensure it never happens again.”
Activated from the disabled list over the weekend after missing two weeks with a strained forearm, Helton is in the final season of his contract with the Rockies at age 39.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)