May 7, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
Helton was arrested after driving to a gas station near his house to buy lottery tickets, telling police officers that he’d consumed “two igloo cups of red wine” after striking a median. His blood-alcohol level was .102, which is above the legal limit.
Helton released a statement at the time, which included an apology, and the Denver Post reports that he also apologized in court by saying: “I am very regretful. I have taken measures to ensure it never happens again.”
Activated from the disabled list over the weekend after missing two weeks with a strained forearm, Helton is in the final season of his contract with the Rockies at age 39.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (122)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)