May 7, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Helton was arrested after driving to a gas station near his house to buy lottery tickets, telling police officers that he’d consumed “two igloo cups of red wine” after striking a median. His blood-alcohol level was .102, which is above the legal limit.
Helton released a statement at the time, which included an apology, and the Denver Post reports that he also apologized in court by saying: “I am very regretful. I have taken measures to ensure it never happens again.”
Activated from the disabled list over the weekend after missing two weeks with a strained forearm, Helton is in the final season of his contract with the Rockies at age 39.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 61
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 56
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11