May 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
OK, so this isn’t the worst ceremonial first pitch of all time, because to me that honor will always belong to Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory, but this one is pretty bad and has an interesting twist.
At yesterday’s White Sox-Mets game in New York the owner of the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate, Mets fan Gary Green, threw out the first pitch and missed his target so badly that the ball shattered the glass protecting the camera behind home plate.
CSNChicago.com has the amusing video, accompanied by Steve Stone’s reaction:
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)