May 8, 2013, 11:19 AM EST
OK, so this isn’t the worst ceremonial first pitch of all time, because to me that honor will always belong to Cincinnati mayor Mark Mallory, but this one is pretty bad and has an interesting twist.
At yesterday’s White Sox-Mets game in New York the owner of the Royals’ Triple-A affiliate, Mets fan Gary Green, threw out the first pitch and missed his target so badly that the ball shattered the glass protecting the camera behind home plate.
CSNChicago.com has the amusing video, accompanied by Steve Stone’s reaction:
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 76
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)