May 8, 2013, 12:35 PM EDT
UPDATE: Great news: Happ is out of the hospital:
— Chris Fischer (@ChrisFischer07) May 8, 2013
Not sure what the crutches would be for given that he was listed as having a contusion and a lacerated ear. Possibly just for stability. I presume the Blue Jays will update us with his status sometime today.
9:37 AM: Good news from Tampa Bay: Blue Jays starter J.A. Happ is in “good condition” and could be released from the hospital as early as today. Marc Topkin reports that he’s in “good spirits” and is looking forward to “getting back out there again.” UPDATE: The Jays say Happ suffered a head contusion and a laceration to his left ear.
And that, my friends, is what separates professional athletes from most of the rest of us. The rest of us who would be scared absolutely bonkers to step foot on a mound again after getting smacked like Happ was smacked last night.
Great news, though. Here’s hoping he’s back with the team tonight.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11