May 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Jose Iglesias, late of the Red Sox but now of the Pawtucket PawSox, has maybe the best glove at shortstop of anyone in the game at any level. But he’s been sitting on the Triple-A bench since Saturday. Why? He’s leading the team in ‘tude, reports CSNNE’s Sean McAdam.
Iglesias has failed to run out ground balls, McAdam says, and there is a sense that he’s pouting after being demoted from the big club last month.
It stinks to be sent down, for sure, but you’re not gonna get sent back up if you act like a petulant child. That’s especially true if (a) there are two other shortstop options for the Sox in Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts. One of whom is the clear starter on the big club and the other of whom is hitting much better than Iglesias and, presumably, is not sulking.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 153
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (159)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)