May 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Jose Iglesias, late of the Red Sox but now of the Pawtucket PawSox, has maybe the best glove at shortstop of anyone in the game at any level. But he’s been sitting on the Triple-A bench since Saturday. Why? He’s leading the team in ‘tude, reports CSNNE’s Sean McAdam.
Iglesias has failed to run out ground balls, McAdam says, and there is a sense that he’s pouting after being demoted from the big club last month.
It stinks to be sent down, for sure, but you’re not gonna get sent back up if you act like a petulant child. That’s especially true if (a) there are two other shortstop options for the Sox in Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts. One of whom is the clear starter on the big club and the other of whom is hitting much better than Iglesias and, presumably, is not sulking.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 5
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 25
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)