May 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Jose Iglesias, late of the Red Sox but now of the Pawtucket PawSox, has maybe the best glove at shortstop of anyone in the game at any level. But he’s been sitting on the Triple-A bench since Saturday. Why? He’s leading the team in ‘tude, reports CSNNE’s Sean McAdam.
Iglesias has failed to run out ground balls, McAdam says, and there is a sense that he’s pouting after being demoted from the big club last month.
It stinks to be sent down, for sure, but you’re not gonna get sent back up if you act like a petulant child. That’s especially true if (a) there are two other shortstop options for the Sox in Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts. One of whom is the clear starter on the big club and the other of whom is hitting much better than Iglesias and, presumably, is not sulking.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (104)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)