May 8, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Jose Iglesias, late of the Red Sox but now of the Pawtucket PawSox, has maybe the best glove at shortstop of anyone in the game at any level. But he’s been sitting on the Triple-A bench since Saturday. Why? He’s leading the team in ‘tude, reports CSNNE’s Sean McAdam.
Iglesias has failed to run out ground balls, McAdam says, and there is a sense that he’s pouting after being demoted from the big club last month.
It stinks to be sent down, for sure, but you’re not gonna get sent back up if you act like a petulant child. That’s especially true if (a) there are two other shortstop options for the Sox in Stephen Drew and Xander Bogaerts. One of whom is the clear starter on the big club and the other of whom is hitting much better than Iglesias and, presumably, is not sulking.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)