May 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Josh Reddick is still not right a month after injuring his wrist colliding with the wall chasing a foul ball, so Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s will finally place him on the disabled list.
Reddick has a history of wrist problems dating back to his time with the Red Sox and has continued to experience soreness despite cortisone and Xylocaine injections. And it’s certainly shown in his numbers, which include a .162 batting average, zero homers, and 24 strikeouts in 22 games since the injury on April 7.
Coming into the season the A’s had tons of outfield depth, but with The Bearded One joining Coco Crisp and Chris Young on the DL they’ll turn to Michael Taylor while moving Brandon Moss to the outfield.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (97)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)