May 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Josh Reddick is still not right a month after injuring his wrist colliding with the wall chasing a foul ball, so Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s will finally place him on the disabled list.
Reddick has a history of wrist problems dating back to his time with the Red Sox and has continued to experience soreness despite cortisone and Xylocaine injections. And it’s certainly shown in his numbers, which include a .162 batting average, zero homers, and 24 strikeouts in 22 games since the injury on April 7.
Coming into the season the A’s had tons of outfield depth, but with The Bearded One joining Coco Crisp and Chris Young on the DL they’ll turn to Michael Taylor while moving Brandon Moss to the outfield.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)