May 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EST
Josh Reddick is still not right a month after injuring his wrist colliding with the wall chasing a foul ball, so Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s will finally place him on the disabled list.
Reddick has a history of wrist problems dating back to his time with the Red Sox and has continued to experience soreness despite cortisone and Xylocaine injections. And it’s certainly shown in his numbers, which include a .162 batting average, zero homers, and 24 strikeouts in 22 games since the injury on April 7.
Coming into the season the A’s had tons of outfield depth, but with The Bearded One joining Coco Crisp and Chris Young on the DL they’ll turn to Michael Taylor while moving Brandon Moss to the outfield.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 111
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 41
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 368
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (368)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (114)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)