May 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Josh Reddick is still not right a month after injuring his wrist colliding with the wall chasing a foul ball, so Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s will finally place him on the disabled list.
Reddick has a history of wrist problems dating back to his time with the Red Sox and has continued to experience soreness despite cortisone and Xylocaine injections. And it’s certainly shown in his numbers, which include a .162 batting average, zero homers, and 24 strikeouts in 22 games since the injury on April 7.
Coming into the season the A’s had tons of outfield depth, but with The Bearded One joining Coco Crisp and Chris Young on the DL they’ll turn to Michael Taylor while moving Brandon Moss to the outfield.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 21
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)