May 8, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
Josh Reddick is still not right a month after injuring his wrist colliding with the wall chasing a foul ball, so Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the A’s will finally place him on the disabled list.
Reddick has a history of wrist problems dating back to his time with the Red Sox and has continued to experience soreness despite cortisone and Xylocaine injections. And it’s certainly shown in his numbers, which include a .162 batting average, zero homers, and 24 strikeouts in 22 games since the injury on April 7.
Coming into the season the A’s had tons of outfield depth, but with The Bearded One joining Coco Crisp and Chris Young on the DL they’ll turn to Michael Taylor while moving Brandon Moss to the outfield.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 28
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)