May 8, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Drew is the guy who made that Yu Darvish gif mashup that went viral, but this one is both instructive and cool. There are multiple gifs on the post showing strikeout sequences and the four-different-pitches-in-one treatment, but this one, showing Harvey’s fastball and slider, is my favorite one. Holy late movement, Batman:
When he’s on, hitters don’t stand much of a chance with that.
Great job by Sheppard showing us that gifs are useful for more than just Delmon Young mocking.
OK, they’re still pretty damn useful for Delmon Young mocking.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 82
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 69
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 43
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (87)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)