May 8, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Drew is the guy who made that Yu Darvish gif mashup that went viral, but this one is both instructive and cool. There are multiple gifs on the post showing strikeout sequences and the four-different-pitches-in-one treatment, but this one, showing Harvey’s fastball and slider, is my favorite one. Holy late movement, Batman:
When he’s on, hitters don’t stand much of a chance with that.
Great job by Sheppard showing us that gifs are useful for more than just Delmon Young mocking.
OK, they’re still pretty damn useful for Delmon Young mocking.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)