May 8, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Drew is the guy who made that Yu Darvish gif mashup that went viral, but this one is both instructive and cool. There are multiple gifs on the post showing strikeout sequences and the four-different-pitches-in-one treatment, but this one, showing Harvey’s fastball and slider, is my favorite one. Holy late movement, Batman:
When he’s on, hitters don’t stand much of a chance with that.
Great job by Sheppard showing us that gifs are useful for more than just Delmon Young mocking.
OK, they’re still pretty damn useful for Delmon Young mocking.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)