May 8, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
Drew is the guy who made that Yu Darvish gif mashup that went viral, but this one is both instructive and cool. There are multiple gifs on the post showing strikeout sequences and the four-different-pitches-in-one treatment, but this one, showing Harvey’s fastball and slider, is my favorite one. Holy late movement, Batman:
When he’s on, hitters don’t stand much of a chance with that.
Great job by Sheppard showing us that gifs are useful for more than just Delmon Young mocking.
OK, they’re still pretty damn useful for Delmon Young mocking.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
Starting pitchers Francisco Liriano and Gerrit Cole off the Wild Card game roster, which is fairly typical.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:50 PM EDT
Another night, another one-and-done game.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:11 PM EDT
Not a ton of glitzy names here. At least not yet.
Oct 1, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The A’s went all-in and busted. Now what will Billy Beane do?
Oct 1, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Behold, one of the worst “hot takes” you’ll see.
Oct 1, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
My first take: cautious optimism.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Adam Dunn has no problem with not playing last night. And, apparently, does not plan to play again.
Oct 1, 2014, 9:02 AM EDT
He says it will allow athletes a place to talk with “no filter.” In reality, it’s likely to have way, way more filters than what currently exist.
Oct 1, 2014, 8:29 AM EDT
Bumgarner vs. Volquez is, on paper anyway, something of a mismatch. But as we saw in last night’s game, predicting these things is a fool’s errand.
Oct 1, 2014, 7:36 AM EDT
And Pedro Martinez absolutely roasts Yost for that.
Oct 1, 2014, 2:02 AM EDT
Yost’s controversial call fails to doom Royals after all.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:44 AM EDT
In-game losses left the A’s undermanned in defeat.
Oct 1, 2014, 1:29 AM EDT
In case you missed it, here is the replay of Salvador Perez’s walkoff hit from Tuesday night’s AL Wild Card Game …
Oct 1, 2014, 1:25 AM EDT
You get a bunt and you get a bunt and you get a bunt!
Oct 1, 2014, 1:10 AM EDT
Salvador Perez was held hitless in his first five at-bats of Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, but he smacked a walkoff RBI single down the left-field line in the 12th inning to give the Royals a 9-8 victory over the A’s.
Oct 1, 2014, 12:14 AM EDT
A’s center fielder Coco Crisp was removed from Tuesday night’s American League Wild Card Game before the bottom of the 11th inning with an apparent hamstring injury.
Sep 30, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
We’ve got a brand new ballgame in Kansas City.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:53 PM EDT
Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu will test his injured shoulder in a simulated game Wednesday. He’s hoping to start Game 3 of the NLDS in St. Louis.
Sep 30, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Oakland opened the floodgates on the Royals in the sixth inning.
Sep 30, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Watch the host Royals take the lead in Tuesday’s American League Wild Card Game against the visiting A’s on this RBI bloop single from Eric Hosmer in the bottom of the third inning …
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 26
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 13
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 65
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)