May 8, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
As far as ballpark staples go nachos and cheese are my No. 1 choice slightly ahead of hotdogs and malt cups, so I really enjoyed reading K. Annabelle Smith’s article for Smithsonian magazine about how they became such a fixture at baseball games.
My childhood was filled with unsuccessful at-home attempts to mimic the nachos and cheese available at the Metrodome, which in retrospect were probably terrible and stunted my growth and made me dumber. But damn were they good at the time.
(Also, just so we’re clear: I’m only counting food on my above list of favorites. If we’re counting everything, then beer is No. 1 and everything else just depends what looks good to my brain after having beer.)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54