May 8, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
As far as ballpark staples go nachos and cheese are my No. 1 choice slightly ahead of hotdogs and malt cups, so I really enjoyed reading K. Annabelle Smith’s article for Smithsonian magazine about how they became such a fixture at baseball games.
My childhood was filled with unsuccessful at-home attempts to mimic the nachos and cheese available at the Metrodome, which in retrospect were probably terrible and stunted my growth and made me dumber. But damn were they good at the time.
(Also, just so we’re clear: I’m only counting food on my above list of favorites. If we’re counting everything, then beer is No. 1 and everything else just depends what looks good to my brain after having beer.)
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27