May 8, 2013, 2:48 PM EST
Sanchez has been the worst pitcher in baseball since the beginning of last season, going 1-12 with an 8.73 ERA, .330 opponents’ batting average, and more walks (61) than strikeouts (60) in 78 innings. That includes an 11.25 ERA for the Pirates, which consists of 18 runs in 13.2 innings.
Sanchez is only 29 years old and not that far removed from throwing a no-hitter and being a high-strikeout starter with some upside, but it’s hard to overstate how awful he’s been.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)