May 8, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
Any potential Mike Olt call-up will have to wait a while, because the Rangers prospect is on the disabled list at Triple-A with vision problems.
Here’s what general manager Jon Daniels told Sahadev Sharma of ESPN Dallas about Olt’s status:
He’s seen a couple of different eye doctors that specialize in a couple of things. They have not found anything conclusive at this point. We’ve scheduled him to see another specialist in about 10 days to two weeks. In the meantime, we’ll put him on the DL based on his symptoms. We don’t want to put the guy at the plate when he’s having vision issues. Hopefully we’ll know more after he sees that specialist.
Olt, who made his MLB debut with the Rangers last August and ranked 22nd on Baseball America‘s annual list of the best prospects, last played on April 25 and hit just .135 before being shut down. Sharma reports that there’s some fear the concussion he suffered while playing winter ball may be a factor in the vision problems.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)