May 8, 2013, 8:21 PM EDT
So it appears that one good start at High-A Dunedin did not completely fix all of Ricky Romero’s issues.
The left-hander was lifted with just one out in the first inning of his start Wednesday night in Tampa Bay after allowing three earned runs on four hits and two walks versus the Rays. It was his second start since being promoted to majors last Friday and he now has a 12.46 ERA and 2.77 WHIP in 4 1/3 total frames.
Romero had a 5.77 ERA, 1.67 WHIP and 105/124 K/BB ratio in 181 innings last season and was kept off the Jays’ Opening Day roster after a rough spring. But he was given another shot after throwing seven innings of one-run ball against the Brewers’ affiliate in the Florida State League on April 27. Romero will probably be sent back to the minor leagues later this week.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)