May 8, 2013, 8:21 PM EST
So it appears that one good start at High-A Dunedin did not completely fix all of Ricky Romero’s issues.
The left-hander was lifted with just one out in the first inning of his start Wednesday night in Tampa Bay after allowing three earned runs on four hits and two walks versus the Rays. It was his second start since being promoted to majors last Friday and he now has a 12.46 ERA and 2.77 WHIP in 4 1/3 total frames.
Romero had a 5.77 ERA, 1.67 WHIP and 105/124 K/BB ratio in 181 innings last season and was kept off the Jays’ Opening Day roster after a rough spring. But he was given another shot after throwing seven innings of one-run ball against the Brewers’ affiliate in the Florida State League on April 27. Romero will probably be sent back to the minor leagues later this week.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)