May 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
On the one hand, a pitcher with shoulder trouble addressing the media following visits with a specialist is kinda ominous sounding. Especially when rumors — denied by both the team and by Halladay’s people — have swirled that Halladay may choose to retire if his diagnosis is grim.
On the other hand, Charlie Manuel was just quoted as optimistic that Halladay will pitch again this season, though Manuel is nor privy to what’s going on down in L.A. where Halladay and his doctor is. Either way, it’ll be a bit nerve wracking for Philly fans for the next half hour or so as they wait to see what Doc has to say.
We’ll provide updates once Doc speaks.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (74)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (72)