May 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
On the one hand, a pitcher with shoulder trouble addressing the media following visits with a specialist is kinda ominous sounding. Especially when rumors — denied by both the team and by Halladay’s people — have swirled that Halladay may choose to retire if his diagnosis is grim.
On the other hand, Charlie Manuel was just quoted as optimistic that Halladay will pitch again this season, though Manuel is nor privy to what’s going on down in L.A. where Halladay and his doctor is. Either way, it’ll be a bit nerve wracking for Philly fans for the next half hour or so as they wait to see what Doc has to say.
We’ll provide updates once Doc speaks.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)