May 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
On the one hand, a pitcher with shoulder trouble addressing the media following visits with a specialist is kinda ominous sounding. Especially when rumors — denied by both the team and by Halladay’s people — have swirled that Halladay may choose to retire if his diagnosis is grim.
On the other hand, Charlie Manuel was just quoted as optimistic that Halladay will pitch again this season, though Manuel is nor privy to what’s going on down in L.A. where Halladay and his doctor is. Either way, it’ll be a bit nerve wracking for Philly fans for the next half hour or so as they wait to see what Doc has to say.
We’ll provide updates once Doc speaks.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 0
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)