May 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT
On the one hand, a pitcher with shoulder trouble addressing the media following visits with a specialist is kinda ominous sounding. Especially when rumors — denied by both the team and by Halladay’s people — have swirled that Halladay may choose to retire if his diagnosis is grim.
On the other hand, Charlie Manuel was just quoted as optimistic that Halladay will pitch again this season, though Manuel is nor privy to what’s going on down in L.A. where Halladay and his doctor is. Either way, it’ll be a bit nerve wracking for Philly fans for the next half hour or so as they wait to see what Doc has to say.
We’ll provide updates once Doc speaks.
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 14
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 36
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 18
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 20
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)