Roy Halladay to address the media at 2pm Eastern

May 8, 2013, 1:30 PM EDT

halladay getty Getty Images

On the one hand, a pitcher with shoulder trouble addressing the media following visits with a specialist is kinda ominous sounding.  Especially when rumors — denied by both the team and by Halladay’s people — have swirled that Halladay may choose to retire if his diagnosis is grim.

On the other hand, Charlie Manuel was just quoted as optimistic that Halladay will pitch again this season, though Manuel is nor privy to what’s going on down in L.A. where Halladay and his doctor is.  Either way, it’ll be a bit nerve wracking for Philly fans for the next half hour or so as they wait to see what Doc has to say.

We’ll provide updates once Doc speaks.

1. baseballicious - May 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Uh Oh!

2. 18thstreet - May 8, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I think he’s going to declare his candidacy for governor.

3. craigisaloser - May 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM

When did you get castrated Craig?

• Craig Calcaterra - May 8, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Can’t remember. What year did your mom finally get her false teeth?

• Ralph - May 8, 2013 at 1:47 PM

BRAVO!!

• Shafer's Dealer - May 8, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Sir, this is a citation, the sign clearly reads “DO NOT FEED TROLLS”.
        Once you feed them, they get upset and have terrible issues with diarrhea for days.
        We find it best to ignore and let them continue undisturbed on their mother’s teat.
        Watch your step, troll shit everywhere and have a pleasant day..

• DelawarePhilliesFan - May 8, 2013 at 2:04 PM

What Shafer said :)

• craigisaloser - May 8, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Actually my mom died at a very young age with all her own teeth. Thank you for asking!!!! BTW, your mom wears combat boots!!!

• heyblueyoustink - May 8, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Well CIL, i’m sure she would be proud of the person you’ve become today. Uncreative, vulgar, and unreasonable.

• craigisaloser - May 8, 2013 at 3:00 PM

hmmmmm…..i see a new user name coming my way….”heyblueyoustinkisaloser”

Vulgar…hahahahaha you crack me up.

• jwbiii - May 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

My dearly departed mother wore Vasque hiking boots. You got a problem with that?

• heyblueyoustink - May 8, 2013 at 3:16 PM

From what I can see, you don’t have the chops to make a fat dude running up a few flights of steps sweat, let alone me, chump.

So do as you please, you little piece of insect excrement.

• bigharold - May 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Craig, .. Never argue with an idiot, .. they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

But that was dead funny!!!

• Ralph - May 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Jon Heyman, is that you?

• hasbeen5 - May 8, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I’ve questioned Craig’s posts here before, but what about this article was offensive?

• DelawarePhilliesFan - May 8, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Nothing

• craigisaloser - May 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

To be honest, I didn’t even read the article. Just wanted to insult Craig. What I don’t get is why so many find the need to respond to my comments. Yes I’m a troll…..however I only troll Craig. I couldn’t care less if anyone other than Craig takes notice of my comments. Good day to you all….Not you Craig.

• proudlycanadian - May 8, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Craig has more guts than you. He has the power to ban you, but has not. He also uses his real name.

• craigisaloser - May 8, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Guts……haha, yeah if you want to equate his using his actual name to put out his lousy cut and paste hate pieces, then ok he has MORE guts. Do you actually feel I care about what your think proud canadian? Awwwww geeezzz I’m such a bad guy with no guts cause I dislike a writer and take the time to insult him from time to time. Awwww geeezzz I’m just going to go stand in the corner and think about what a bad person I am.

Now, get off Craigs jock and go enjoy some coffee and donuts.

• heyblueyoustink - May 8, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Maybe he got his legal name changed to Craigisaloser, next he’ll change it to some sort of sign and we’ll have to refer to him as “The Douchebag who was Craigisaloser”.

• craigisaloser - May 8, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Seriously my only reason for having a screen name for this thing is to insult Craig…..

But I see now that I will have to start trolling someone new cause “heyblueyoustink” can’t seem to leave it be…….I’ll be on the lookout for your posts Mr. Stink…

• historiophiliac - May 8, 2013 at 3:18 PM

Awwww, blue/stink got his own personal troll. I think this means you made the bigs, blue.

• heyblueyoustink - May 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I know Historio, I feel honored! :-)

I just wish the clown was a little higher up in the brain department. Guess a fella can’t have it all afterall.

4. tycobbfromfangraphs - May 8, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Walking away from the game early into a season like Schmidt?

5. southpaw2k - May 8, 2013 at 1:43 PM

DOOM WATCH – oh wait, wrong team.

6. randygnyc - May 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I asked this very question here the other day and it was mocked. It still stands. Is Halladay the kind of guy, who, if unable to perform to his own standards (for whatever reasons) would he retire or linger around while continuing to collect his checks? Is he the type of guy, if he knows he CAN’T perform, will feel he’s stealing? We just may get that answer today. (Just to keep in mind, if there is no shoulder damage, Roy may have felt that was the reason for his poor performances, he may retire knowing that he’s healthy and not effective. Or, if there is damage, he may not be willing to come back from surgery).

7. knowlegeforyou - May 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM

If Craig is such a loser stop reading his posts. You my good sir are the loser

• craigisaloser - May 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

If my posts upset you so much…..stop reading my posts.

8. randygnyc - May 8, 2013 at 2:05 PM

MLB nor any of the espns are carrying it. Anyone know if its being broadcast? Radio?

• Ralph - May 8, 2013 at 3:13 PM

It was on ESPN8, The Ocho. You missed it.

• heyblueyoustink - May 8, 2013 at 3:29 PM

“If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.”

9. losangelesfan - May 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Let me guess. They’re trading him to the Dodgers.

10. heyblueyoustink - May 8, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Surgery, best case is 3 months. If they go on a run without the distraction i’ll be torn about a return.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - May 8, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Lets get our good mojo going here, and recall that Utley’s broken hand ended any shot of a division in 2007….

• heyblueyoustink - May 8, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I’m always optimistic about the Phils. I lived throught the Mike Lieberthal/ Rico Brogna years as well as the Lance Parish years, where you were just optimistic that some kind of regime change would happen.

This I can handle.

• DelawarePhilliesFan - May 8, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Rico was the man!

Or am I having a Chico and the Man flash back?

Nah, he was the man. Not the greatest, but I liked the guy (as I am sure you did as well)

• Francisco (FC) - May 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Oh my Lance Parrish, I haven’t read that name in years… why the HELL did you remind me?

11. jaysfan64 - May 8, 2013 at 2:29 PM

Not shocked to find out Doc needs surgery – lotta miles on that arm..hope he recovers quickly and returns to form soon..baseball is better when the Doctor is in…

12. jaysfan64 - May 8, 2013 at 2:31 PM

Hey…Rico Brogna was a good player…for the London Tigers….

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3858)