May 8, 2013, 2:30 PM EDT
As promised, Roy Halladay addressed the media a few minutes ago. The verdict: he has bone spurs in his shoulder as well as a partially frayed labrum and rotator cuff. CSNPhilly has the whole story here.
That sounds scary and, yes, it is serious. But there’s an optimistic angle to it all too: the labrum and rotator cuff issues are not serious. And he is going to have surgery to remove the bone spurs on which the rotator cuff kept rubbing, causing pain and irritation. Halladay says that if the doctors, once they get in there, find the same situation that presented itself on the MRI, he could come back this season.
We knew it wasn’t going to be good news. But it certainly could have been way worse.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 2
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)