May 9, 2013, 1:30 PM EST
It was Adrian Gonzalez‘s birthday yesterday. Wasn’t necessarily a happy one:
Adrian Gonzalez pulled from game at the start of the fifth inning.
— Dylan Hernandez (@dylanohernandez) May 9, 2013
The issue: aggravated the neck strain he’s been dealing with. He’s now day-to-day. And if he and his teammates don’t get healthy and productive soon, so too will Don Mattingly’s tenure.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)