May 9, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a lacerated finger from being spiked.
In his absence the Indians used Drew Stubbs in center field, with Ryan Raburn taking over in right field. Raburn has hit really well while Stubbs has struggled–and hasn’t really hit since 2010–so expect Stubbs to see more bench time with Bourn back in center field.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $40 million deal with the Indians this offseason, hit .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS in 10 games before the injury.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)