May 9, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a lacerated finger from being spiked.
In his absence the Indians used Drew Stubbs in center field, with Ryan Raburn taking over in right field. Raburn has hit really well while Stubbs has struggled–and hasn’t really hit since 2010–so expect Stubbs to see more bench time with Bourn back in center field.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $40 million deal with the Indians this offseason, hit .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS in 10 games before the injury.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 13
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 37
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)