May 9, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a lacerated finger from being spiked.
In his absence the Indians used Drew Stubbs in center field, with Ryan Raburn taking over in right field. Raburn has hit really well while Stubbs has struggled–and hasn’t really hit since 2010–so expect Stubbs to see more bench time with Bourn back in center field.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $40 million deal with the Indians this offseason, hit .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS in 10 games before the injury.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)