May 9, 2013, 5:17 PM EST
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a lacerated finger from being spiked.
In his absence the Indians used Drew Stubbs in center field, with Ryan Raburn taking over in right field. Raburn has hit really well while Stubbs has struggled–and hasn’t really hit since 2010–so expect Stubbs to see more bench time with Bourn back in center field.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $40 million deal with the Indians this offseason, hit .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS in 10 games before the injury.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)