May 9, 2013, 5:17 PM EDT
Indians center fielder Michael Bourn is off the disabled list after missing the past three weeks with a lacerated finger from being spiked.
In his absence the Indians used Drew Stubbs in center field, with Ryan Raburn taking over in right field. Raburn has hit really well while Stubbs has struggled–and hasn’t really hit since 2010–so expect Stubbs to see more bench time with Bourn back in center field.
Bourn, who signed a four-year, $40 million deal with the Indians this offseason, hit .333 with two homers and a .975 OPS in 10 games before the injury.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 6
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 47
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 63
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)