May 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Dbacks’ closer left the game the other night after suffering elbow tightness. Which, in baseball circles, is akin to “those tell-tale flecks of crimson upon her handkerchief” in Victorian novels. So: is Putz going to die of the dreaded consumption?
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 9, 2013
That’s good news. Although Kirk Gibson said this morning that Putz will be out for a long time. So let’s all sit back and get good and comfortable with Heath Bell.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)