May 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
The Dbacks’ closer left the game the other night after suffering elbow tightness. Which, in baseball circles, is akin to “those tell-tale flecks of crimson upon her handkerchief” in Victorian novels. So: is Putz going to die of the dreaded consumption?
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 9, 2013
That’s good news. Although Kirk Gibson said this morning that Putz will be out for a long time. So let’s all sit back and get good and comfortable with Heath Bell.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120