May 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EST
The Dbacks’ closer left the game the other night after suffering elbow tightness. Which, in baseball circles, is akin to “those tell-tale flecks of crimson upon her handkerchief” in Victorian novels. So: is Putz going to die of the dreaded consumption?
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 9, 2013
That’s good news. Although Kirk Gibson said this morning that Putz will be out for a long time. So let’s all sit back and get good and comfortable with Heath Bell.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)