May 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Dbacks’ closer left the game the other night after suffering elbow tightness. Which, in baseball circles, is akin to “those tell-tale flecks of crimson upon her handkerchief” in Victorian novels. So: is Putz going to die of the dreaded consumption?
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 9, 2013
That’s good news. Although Kirk Gibson said this morning that Putz will be out for a long time. So let’s all sit back and get good and comfortable with Heath Bell.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (155)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)