May 9, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
The Dbacks’ closer left the game the other night after suffering elbow tightness. Which, in baseball circles, is akin to “those tell-tale flecks of crimson upon her handkerchief” in Victorian novels. So: is Putz going to die of the dreaded consumption?
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) May 9, 2013
That’s good news. Although Kirk Gibson said this morning that Putz will be out for a long time. So let’s all sit back and get good and comfortable with Heath Bell.
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 0
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 108
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 155
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (155)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)