May 9, 2013, 4:30 PM EDT
We’ve seen the pink bats in honor of breast cancer awareness the past several Mothers Days, but this year MLB is stepping up its game:
— MLB Public Relations (@MLB_PR) May 9, 2013
Pretty sweet. As long as hitters can still pick up the spin of the ball as they can with red stitching, that is. But jeez, even if they can’t, you can take a golden sombrero if it means we’re a step closer to beating breast cancer right? RIGHT?
Yeah, I’m talking to you B.J. Upton. Call it plausible deniability.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 63
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 62
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29