May 9, 2013, 2:14 PM EDT
Jayson Werth is out of the Nationals’ lineup today for the fifth straight game with a hamstring injury, but an MRI exam showed no structural damage.
Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com reports that “the team wants to have medical director Dr. Wiemi Douoguih take a closer look, however, before a specific return date is announced.”
His recovery has been slowed by sickness, which has caused him to be dehydrated. It’s nearing the point where the Nationals might as well just put Werth on the disabled list, because they can always backdate the move and make him eligible to return in a week anyway.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)