May 9, 2013, 2:14 PM EST
Jayson Werth is out of the Nationals’ lineup today for the fifth straight game with a hamstring injury, but an MRI exam showed no structural damage.
Chase Hughes of CSNWashington.com reports that “the team wants to have medical director Dr. Wiemi Douoguih take a closer look, however, before a specific return date is announced.”
His recovery has been slowed by sickness, which has caused him to be dehydrated. It’s nearing the point where the Nationals might as well just put Werth on the disabled list, because they can always backdate the move and make him eligible to return in a week anyway.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (72)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)