Ozzie Guillen is looking for work

May 9, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT

Ozzie Guillen Getty Images

Ozzie Guillen was on the radio today, appearing as a guest on ESPN-1000 in Chicago, and made it very clear that he wants to get back into managing as soon as possible.

“I’m a free agent,” Guillen said, via Michael C. Wright of ESPN Chicago. “I’d like to be back in the game. I’m waiting to see what things [are] going on out there.”

Guillen was asked if he’d like to be the Cubs’ manager and said yes, but then backtracked a bit because he didn’t want to “backstab” current manager Dale Sveum. “There’s 28 teams out there. [If] they need a manager, I’m available.”

Guillen lasted just one season with the Marlins after eight seasons with the White Sox, getting fired by Miami despite having three years and $7.5 million remaining on his contract.

1. cur68 - May 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

The first person to suggests Ozzie for Beav-Manager is getting a shot to the nards . . . you’ve been warned.

• fanofevilempire - May 9, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Ozzie is a good manager, if he does his espn gig and does a few radio spots
      and doesn’t say anything crazy he will be back in baseball there are a few teams
      that would give him a shot, he just has to relax for awhile.

• dondada10 - May 9, 2013 at 2:00 PM

That is the most jerkoff username I have ever seen. Holy shit. How’s the view out of mom’s basement? To actually sit down and type “craigisaloser” and register it is the most incomprehensibly childish thing I have ever seen.

Goodness shit how pathetic can a person be?

• stlouis1baseball - May 9, 2013 at 3:47 PM

“the most incomprehensibly childish thing I have ever seen.”

On point Don. Which is precisely why I have been calling him a poopy headed poopy head.

• dondada10 - May 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Right, because “out” is where one would see the most screennames. Also, it’s humorous that you are, in fact, so pathetic that your second sentence is you owning that you’re incapable of supporting yourself and do live in mom’s basement.

• stlouis1baseball - May 9, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Are you talking to poopy head? Because I don’t see poopy heads posts.
        Did poopy head get the ole’ HBT ban?

• historiophiliac - May 9, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Yeah, he got the big delete. So, I guess we know who the real loser was.

• stlouis1baseball - May 9, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Hahaha! And if I read a comment correctly…the moron even admitted to living in his Mothers basement?

• historiophiliac - May 9, 2013 at 4:18 PM

Yeah. I always enjoy getting lumped in w/ you guys anyway. Apparently, I blend in. :)

• nbjays - May 10, 2013 at 7:57 AM

And that’s something to be PROUD of? :-)

• historiophiliac - May 10, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Well, it gives me a lot of room to maneuver with the bar so low. :)

• historiophiliac - May 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM

/checks pants for second time today, smiles

I think Ozzie would make an excellent manager for the Jays! Maybe Mayor Canseco can put in a good word for him.

• cur68 - May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I. Hate you…so much…right now…..aaaaaaarrrrrrgggggggh!

• historiophiliac - May 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM

xoxoxo

• cur68 - May 9, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Keep your hugs and kisses, you 300lb ding-dong eating man.

/stomps off

• historiophiliac - May 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Hey, mister, you forgot your beaver hat…

2. thegonz13 - May 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Yeah, I can picture Ozzie holding a sign that reads: “Will coach for food!”

3. stex52 - May 9, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Don’t do it, Ozzie! We enjoyed all of the low comedy you brought to the role. But it’s more fun to think of you sitting at home while that scumbag Loria pays you 7.5 million dollars.

• Francisco (FC) - May 9, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Old Gator on the same side as Oz!? His head might explode at the thought…

• historiophiliac - May 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Ozzie should’ve offered to do a mixer with fans at a Marlins home game this season.

4. slickdemetrius - May 9, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I was going to suggest he take a game commentary position, you know that would be entertaining in the least. Put him in there with a straight-man just like old 90’s wrestling when you had McMahon and Jesse the Body, or Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby Heenan.

• jwbiii - May 9, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Nice idea, but have you heard him speak? It would like the Lee Elia/Cubs fan rant for three hours.

5. Old Gator - May 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Why not just give him a spit show to host on ESPN? There’s a big incoherency market out there.

6. scoutsaysweitersisabust - May 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Celebrity death match vs Bobby Valentine

• scoutsaysweitersisabust - May 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Angel Hernandez can be the guest referee

7. randygnyc - May 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM

“There’s 28 teams out there”. Clearly a man who knows a burned bridge when he crosses one.

• geoknows - May 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM

Yeah, last I looked there are 30 teams out there. I guess he figures the White Sox and the Marlins want no part of him.

8. chacochicken - May 9, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Well, I do need my gutters cleaned out and there is a lot of wood left to split. My dogs probably won’t be that offended to hear his opinions about Castro. I can pay him cash under the table so it won’t interfere with the remainder of his contract.

• Old Gator - May 9, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Here’s the good news: you can pay him under the table, over the table, next to the table. You can pay him in dollars, sterling, euros, yen, rubles or shekels. You can pay him in food. You can pay him in wampum. You can pay him in gilt edged black market organ transplant certificates or tax free municipal Billionaire-owned stadium upgrade municipal bonds.

And Scrooge McLoria will still be on the hook for the rest of his contract.

Isn’t that wonderful?

• stex52 - May 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Yeah, OG, it is. I assumed the contract would have a clause about other work.

That makes it even better. Not an Ozzie fan, but the thought of him in Miami beating the Marlins on Jeffy’s nickel is kind of fun.

9. cur68 - May 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Never mind this powerless jackass, Don. He’s got nothing better to do but cruise free blogs and insult total strangers. A small minded, meaningless jerk is all he is. The sort of person best cleaned up with a handful of butt-wipe and flushed. Ignore him.

10. cur68 - May 9, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Aaaaaaand Craig’s deleted him. Nice.

• stex52 - May 9, 2013 at 3:06 PM

It’s a start, Cur. But we seem to have a lot of bottom feeders on the site today. I was thinking about sending Craig a list. Reference about 30% of the people on the hot dog choking thread.
      Junior high must have gotten out early today.

• historiophiliac - May 9, 2013 at 3:25 PM

That makes me glad I didn’t read it.

• Old Gator - May 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

More likely a temporary server crash on Yahoo blogs, which has become a refugee center for the witless, shiftless, ignorant and illiterate. Empower the useless, I say!

• cur68 - May 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I din’t read that comment thread, Stex. I KNEW how it was going to go. The poor girl DIED at a ballgame and some assholes find it funny. I don’t need to know anything more than I already do about that sort of person so I left it alone.

I think most of us know that the internet is a great resource. Its free for all, provides references, information, resources. I love it. The down side is the vehicle it provided for the small minded idiots of the world. Its as though they cannot comprehend that what’s wrong with them is the face they show in anonymity. A person’s actions or words, free from consequence, reveals a lot about them.

Anyone who’d turn up on that thread and mock the situation is no loss to our gene pool.

11. 13arod - May 9, 2013 at 2:50 PM

surprised he didn’t get a minor league maner jon

12. abaird2012 - May 9, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Damn! Is there a site I can go to to see all HBTs banned posts?

13. rcali - May 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM

Human Resource Department nightmare, unless of course he’s managing the Cuban national team.

Can Nationals run the playoff table?
  1. D. Jeter (3361)