May 9, 2013, 5:42 PM EST
His name is Tuttle. Hope they didn’t confuse him with someone else. Not that Information Retrieval ever makes mistakes …
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball announced today that Cincinnati Reds Minor League right-handed pitcher Daniel Tuttle has received a 100-game suspension without pay after a third violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program for a drug of abuse.
The suspension of Tuttle, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Dayton Dragons of the Midwest League, is effective immediately.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 48
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 37
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)