May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Ricky Romero: human yo-yo:
— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) May 9, 2013
He was clearly lost last year, yet the Jays didn’t send him down. He was lost this spring, so they sent him. Down. Then they called him back up after less than a month, and now he’s back to the minors.
He allowed three earned runs on four hits and two walks in a third of an inning last night. I guess a couple of good outings in the Florida State League weren’t quite enough to get him back to facing major league hitting.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 90
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 56
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)