May 9, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Ricky Romero: human yo-yo:
— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) May 9, 2013
He was clearly lost last year, yet the Jays didn’t send him down. He was lost this spring, so they sent him. Down. Then they called him back up after less than a month, and now he’s back to the minors.
He allowed three earned runs on four hits and two walks in a third of an inning last night. I guess a couple of good outings in the Florida State League weren’t quite enough to get him back to facing major league hitting.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 8
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 55
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 69
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)