May 10, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
There were quite a few people calling for Carlos Quentin to receive a lengthy suspension after charging the mound and breaking Zack Greinke‘s collarbone. He ended up getting “only” eight games, but what’s happened may actually be worse for the Padres: Quentin has played, but terribly.
Since the Greinke incident on April 21 he’s hit .149 in 15 games, striking out 14 times in 55 plate appearances while posting a .547 OPS (and getting plunked twice). None of which means anything, of course, but it’s a little bit interesting considering the “eye-for-an-eye” cries coming from a certain segment of Dodgers fans.
In addition to serving the eight-game suspension Quentin also missed some time with knee problems. Greinke, meanwhile, is slated to rejoin the Dodgers’ rotation next week.
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 15
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 12
- The Lester trade is a win-win 101
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 159
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (160)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (121)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)