May 10, 2013, 4:46 PM EDT
There were quite a few people calling for Carlos Quentin to receive a lengthy suspension after charging the mound and breaking Zack Greinke‘s collarbone. He ended up getting “only” eight games, but what’s happened may actually be worse for the Padres: Quentin has played, but terribly.
Since the Greinke incident on April 21 he’s hit .149 in 15 games, striking out 14 times in 55 plate appearances while posting a .547 OPS (and getting plunked twice). None of which means anything, of course, but it’s a little bit interesting considering the “eye-for-an-eye” cries coming from a certain segment of Dodgers fans.
In addition to serving the eight-game suspension Quentin also missed some time with knee problems. Greinke, meanwhile, is slated to rejoin the Dodgers’ rotation next week.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)