May 10, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Kyuji Fujikawa is back from the disabled list after missing the past four weeks with a strained forearm.
The injury cost him a chance to take over for Carlos Marmol as the Cubs’ closer, so he’ll slide back into a setup role in front of new closer Kevin Gregg. Chicago’s ninth-inning situation figures to remain pretty volatile all season though, so don’t count Fujikawa out of the mix for saves at some point.
He got off to a slow start, allowing six runs in five appearances, but apparently he was trying to pitch through the injury since spring training.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)