May 10, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Kyuji Fujikawa is back from the disabled list after missing the past four weeks with a strained forearm.
The injury cost him a chance to take over for Carlos Marmol as the Cubs’ closer, so he’ll slide back into a setup role in front of new closer Kevin Gregg. Chicago’s ninth-inning situation figures to remain pretty volatile all season though, so don’t count Fujikawa out of the mix for saves at some point.
He got off to a slow start, allowing six runs in five appearances, but apparently he was trying to pitch through the injury since spring training.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)