May 10, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Kyuji Fujikawa is back from the disabled list after missing the past four weeks with a strained forearm.
The injury cost him a chance to take over for Carlos Marmol as the Cubs’ closer, so he’ll slide back into a setup role in front of new closer Kevin Gregg. Chicago’s ninth-inning situation figures to remain pretty volatile all season though, so don’t count Fujikawa out of the mix for saves at some point.
He got off to a slow start, allowing six runs in five appearances, but apparently he was trying to pitch through the injury since spring training.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)