May 10, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto resumed his minor-league rehab assignment after putting things on hold due to an oblique injury, throwing 50 pitches and three innings yesterday at Single-A.
Cueto, who’s recovering from a strained lat muscle, allowed one run on four hits in three innings, walking zero and striking out four.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Cueto will throw around 80 pitches and five innings in his next rehab start, suggesting he’ll likely make at least one more appearance in the minors after that before rejoining the Reds’ rotation.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)