May 10, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto resumed his minor-league rehab assignment after putting things on hold due to an oblique injury, throwing 50 pitches and three innings yesterday at Single-A.
Cueto, who’s recovering from a strained lat muscle, allowed one run on four hits in three innings, walking zero and striking out four.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Cueto will throw around 80 pitches and five innings in his next rehab start, suggesting he’ll likely make at least one more appearance in the minors after that before rejoining the Reds’ rotation.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)