May 10, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto resumed his minor-league rehab assignment after putting things on hold due to an oblique injury, throwing 50 pitches and three innings yesterday at Single-A.
Cueto, who’s recovering from a strained lat muscle, allowed one run on four hits in three innings, walking zero and striking out four.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Cueto will throw around 80 pitches and five innings in his next rehab start, suggesting he’ll likely make at least one more appearance in the minors after that before rejoining the Reds’ rotation.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)