May 10, 2013, 11:19 AM EDT
Johnny Cueto resumed his minor-league rehab assignment after putting things on hold due to an oblique injury, throwing 50 pitches and three innings yesterday at Single-A.
Cueto, who’s recovering from a strained lat muscle, allowed one run on four hits in three innings, walking zero and striking out four.
C. Trent Rosencrans of the Cincinnati Enquirer reports that Cueto will throw around 80 pitches and five innings in his next rehab start, suggesting he’ll likely make at least one more appearance in the minors after that before rejoining the Reds’ rotation.
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 1
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 24
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)