May 10, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT
General manager Alex Anthopoulos laid out a recovery plan that includes Johnson starting his first minor-league rehab game on May 21, but added: “That’s not set in stone, but that’s kind of the date that we’ve had.”
Assuming that the Blue Jays want him to make at least 2-3 starts in the minors that means June 1 is probably even optimistic at this point, which is a major change from a week ago when they were hoping Johnson could avoid the disabled list altogether.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)