May 10, 2013, 10:30 AM EST
Mentioned this in ATH, but it’s worth another look: here’s Juan Lagares robbing Andrew McCutchen of what might have been a homer in the ninth inning last night.
Could have fallen short, in which case it would have been a double. Unless Angel Hernandez was umping, in which case it might have been a homer anyway.
Here’s my backup play of the day: Dan Haren fields comebacker for the out, turns to double off the runner on second and …
Great work, Desmond and Espinosa. Bake ‘em away, toys.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)