May 10, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Mentioned this in ATH, but it’s worth another look: here’s Juan Lagares robbing Andrew McCutchen of what might have been a homer in the ninth inning last night.
Could have fallen short, in which case it would have been a double. Unless Angel Hernandez was umping, in which case it might have been a homer anyway.
Here’s my backup play of the day: Dan Haren fields comebacker for the out, turns to double off the runner on second and …
Great work, Desmond and Espinosa. Bake ’em away, toys.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 54
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)