May 10, 2013, 10:30 AM EDT
Mentioned this in ATH, but it’s worth another look: here’s Juan Lagares robbing Andrew McCutchen of what might have been a homer in the ninth inning last night.
Could have fallen short, in which case it would have been a double. Unless Angel Hernandez was umping, in which case it might have been a homer anyway.
Here’s my backup play of the day: Dan Haren fields comebacker for the out, turns to double off the runner on second and …
Great work, Desmond and Espinosa. Bake ’em away, toys.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)