May 10, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Santiago Casilla has had a cyst in his right knee since last year, but the Giants reliever has been hurting enough lately that he’s expected to be unavailable for several days.
Casilla had to leave Wednesday’s game mid-inning due to the pain and Chris Haft of MLB.com reports that the right-hander may try wearing a brace on the mound to lessen the discomfort.
Casilla appeared in 73 games for the Giants last season and worked 19 of the team’s first 35 games this year, so he’s been remarkably durable for a 32-year-old with a bum knee. And maybe a little time off will do his arm some good long term.
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 11
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 11
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 34
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 61
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)