May 10, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
Santiago Casilla has had a cyst in his right knee since last year, but the Giants reliever has been hurting enough lately that he’s expected to be unavailable for several days.
Casilla had to leave Wednesday’s game mid-inning due to the pain and Chris Haft of MLB.com reports that the right-hander may try wearing a brace on the mound to lessen the discomfort.
Casilla appeared in 73 games for the Giants last season and worked 19 of the team’s first 35 games this year, so he’s been remarkably durable for a 32-year-old with a bum knee. And maybe a little time off will do his arm some good long term.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)