May 10, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Mariano Rivera tore the ACL in his right knee shagging fly balls at Kaufmann Stadium last year, forcing him onto the DL for the rest of the season and putting his future in doubt. Now back in action and as strong as ever — the right-hander has a 1.88 ERA and 13 saves in as many opportunities — he returns to the scene of the crime as the Yankees have begun a three-game set in Kansas City.
Paying homage to Rivera, Kaufmann Stadium playfully labeled the warning track a “No Mo Zone”.
— MLB (@MLB) May 10, 2013
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)