May 10, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
Mariano Rivera tore the ACL in his right knee shagging fly balls at Kaufmann Stadium last year, forcing him onto the DL for the rest of the season and putting his future in doubt. Now back in action and as strong as ever — the right-hander has a 1.88 ERA and 13 saves in as many opportunities — he returns to the scene of the crime as the Yankees have begun a three-game set in Kansas City.
Paying homage to Rivera, Kaufmann Stadium playfully labeled the warning track a “No Mo Zone”.
— MLB (@MLB) May 10, 2013
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 0
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12