May 10, 2013, 9:20 PM EST
Mariano Rivera tore the ACL in his right knee shagging fly balls at Kaufmann Stadium last year, forcing him onto the DL for the rest of the season and putting his future in doubt. Now back in action and as strong as ever — the right-hander has a 1.88 ERA and 13 saves in as many opportunities — he returns to the scene of the crime as the Yankees have begun a three-game set in Kansas City.
Paying homage to Rivera, Kaufmann Stadium playfully labeled the warning track a “No Mo Zone”.
— MLB (@MLB) May 10, 2013
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 169
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 51
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (169)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)