May 10, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Chicago activated Dayan Viciedo from the disabled list after the left fielder missed three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
As usual with oblique injuries, Viciedo initially hoped to avoid the DL altogether and ended up missing more than the minimum 15 days once he was shut down. He played four games on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 3-for-15 (.200) with no extra-base hits.
In his absence the White Sox shifted Alejandro De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field, so it’ll be interesting to see who manager Robin Ventura goes with in center field now.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)