May 10, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Chicago activated Dayan Viciedo from the disabled list after the left fielder missed three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
As usual with oblique injuries, Viciedo initially hoped to avoid the DL altogether and ended up missing more than the minimum 15 days once he was shut down. He played four games on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 3-for-15 (.200) with no extra-base hits.
In his absence the White Sox shifted Alejandro De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field, so it’ll be interesting to see who manager Robin Ventura goes with in center field now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)