May 10, 2013, 2:44 PM EST
Chicago activated Dayan Viciedo from the disabled list after the left fielder missed three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
As usual with oblique injuries, Viciedo initially hoped to avoid the DL altogether and ended up missing more than the minimum 15 days once he was shut down. He played four games on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 3-for-15 (.200) with no extra-base hits.
In his absence the White Sox shifted Alejandro De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field, so it’ll be interesting to see who manager Robin Ventura goes with in center field now.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)