May 10, 2013, 2:44 PM EDT
Chicago activated Dayan Viciedo from the disabled list after the left fielder missed three weeks with a strained oblique muscle.
As usual with oblique injuries, Viciedo initially hoped to avoid the DL altogether and ended up missing more than the minimum 15 days once he was shut down. He played four games on a minor-league rehab assignment, going 3-for-15 (.200) with no extra-base hits.
In his absence the White Sox shifted Alejandro De Aza to left field and used Dewayne Wise in center field, so it’ll be interesting to see who manager Robin Ventura goes with in center field now.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)