May 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EST
Bryce Harper had a procedure yesterday to remove an ingrown toenail from his right foot and will sit out his second straight game today.
Amanda Comak of the Washington Times notes that Harper still felt a little tenderness in his toe while hitting today. Still, it’s considered relatively minor and he could be back as soon as tomorrow. And no, I can’t find it within myself to link to the picture of Harper’s toe. But feel free to check out his Twitter account if you want to be thoroughly grossed out.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)