May 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Bryce Harper had a procedure yesterday to remove an ingrown toenail from his right foot and will sit out his second straight game today.
Amanda Comak of the Washington Times notes that Harper still felt a little tenderness in his toe while hitting today. Still, it’s considered relatively minor and he could be back as soon as tomorrow. And no, I can’t find it within myself to link to the picture of Harper’s toe. But feel free to check out his Twitter account if you want to be thoroughly grossed out.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 38
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 69
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 121
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 108
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (122)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (110)