May 11, 2013, 1:50 PM EDT
Bryce Harper had a procedure yesterday to remove an ingrown toenail from his right foot and will sit out his second straight game today.
Amanda Comak of the Washington Times notes that Harper still felt a little tenderness in his toe while hitting today. Still, it’s considered relatively minor and he could be back as soon as tomorrow. And no, I can’t find it within myself to link to the picture of Harper’s toe. But feel free to check out his Twitter account if you want to be thoroughly grossed out.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)