May 11, 2013, 7:15 PM EDT
Tigers reliever Octavio Dotel got a second opinion on his ailing right elbow from Dr. James Andrews. The good news is there is no structural damage, per MLB.com’s Jason Beck on Twitter. The 39-year-old, though, will continue resting for another six days. Dotel was placed on the disabled list on April 23, retroactive to the 20th.
Dotel posted an ugly 13.50 ERA in 4.2 innings to start the season, most of the damage being done in his last start on April 19, when he allowed five runs in two-thirds of an inning to the Mariners. The Tigers re-signed the well-traveled veteran in the off-season on a one-year, $3.5 million deal after he was effective in the seventh and eighth innings in 2012.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 8
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 10
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 11
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 48
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 76
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (76)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)