May 11, 2013, 7:15 PM EST
Tigers reliever Octavio Dotel got a second opinion on his ailing right elbow from Dr. James Andrews. The good news is there is no structural damage, per MLB.com’s Jason Beck on Twitter. The 39-year-old, though, will continue resting for another six days. Dotel was placed on the disabled list on April 23, retroactive to the 20th.
Dotel posted an ugly 13.50 ERA in 4.2 innings to start the season, most of the damage being done in his last start on April 19, when he allowed five runs in two-thirds of an inning to the Mariners. The Tigers re-signed the well-traveled veteran in the off-season on a one-year, $3.5 million deal after he was effective in the seventh and eighth innings in 2012.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)